We’ve got you covered in 2021. To provide Hilton Honors members with the most flexibility, we’re extending Points and Status benefits again for 2021. We’re also helping you by creating a faster path to Elite Status. Starting on January 1, 2021, you’ll be able to earn Elite Status with half the nights, stays or Base Points required. So if you earn Elite Status in the 2021 calendar year, you’ll enjoy that Status through March 31, 2023.
1. Do 2020 rollover elite qualifying nights count toward the reduced status qualifications?
Yes, all nights earned in 2020 by Members, including promotional nights, will count toward earning status in 2021 (for example, a Member with 20 nights in 2020 will start 2021 having already earned Gold status for the following year).
2. Can a Member qualify for status in 2021 through stays or Base Points?
Yes, the ability to qualify for status through nights, stays, or Base Points remains. Similar to nights, stay and base point requirements have been reduced by 50% (Silver: 2 stays or 12,500 Base Points; Gold: 10 stays or 37,500 Base Points; Diamond: 15 stays or 60,000 Base Points).
3. How will cross-over stays be treated for status qualification, Milestone Bonus, and gifting status night count?
Per existing rules, nights for stays that cut across years (December 2020 into January 2021) will apply to the status year of the check-out date.
4. Are the reductions in tier qualifications global?
Yes, the announced tier changes reach across all regions and countries for the 2021 calendar year.
5. Will these lowered tier qualifications be extended beyond 2021?
These program updates only apply to the 2021 calendar year.
6. When will these changes be reflected on a Member’s Hilton Honors app and online account page?
Members can expect to see these changes reflected in the Hilton Honors app and website at the start of 2021 when the status year begins.
1. What are Milestone Bonuses?
Milestone Bonuses allow members to earn a fixed amount of Hilton Honors Bonus Points when they achieve a certain number of eligible nights during each calendar year.
2. How many Hilton Honors Bonus Points can I earn by achieving these Milestone Bonuses?
Hilton Honors Members earn 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points at 20 eligible nights and 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional eligible nights thereafter during the 2021 calendar year – with no cap. On your 60th eligible night in 2021 you will receive an additional 30,000 Bonus Points on top of the 10,000 Milestone Bonus Points achieved at that threshold, for a total of 40,000 Points.
3. What is considered an eligible night that counts toward achieving these Milestone Bonuses?
Eligible nights are nights that are part of an eligible stay detailed in the Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions. A stay is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. Eligible nights include both paid and reward stays (including Points & Money Rewards™ stays) and count toward the achievement of the Milestone Bonuses.
4. How can I track my progress toward earning these Milestone Bonuses during a calendar year?
Members can track their progress toward hitting these Milestone Bonuses with the Hilton Honors app. Members can learn more about the Hilton Honors app here and can download to begin tracking their progress. As a member you can also track your progress by logging into your account once you reach 10 nights in 2021.
5. Is there a limit to the number of Milestone Bonuses earned in 2021?
No — starting at 20 nights stayed in the year, Members will receive a bonus 10,000 Points for every 10 nights stayed in the calendar year.
6. For one stay, how many rooms will count toward achieving eligible nights and the associated Milestone Bonuses?
A member will only receive credit for the nights stayed for one room, not multiple rooms booked for the same duration by the same Hilton Honors Member. Rollover nights do not count toward the Milestone Bonus.
Example: If you book two rooms at the same hotel for a one-night stay — you will earn Hilton Honors Points on both of the rooms, but you will only receive one-night credit total toward achieving the Milestone Bonuses and toward elite status qualification.
Within the 2021 calendar year, the total amount of nights that a member could achieve toward these Milestone Bonuses is 365 nights — equivalent to 385,000 Hilton Honors Milestone Bonus Points. For more information on the earning rules when booking multiple rooms, please refer to the Accrual of Points terms.
7. Do Milestone Bonus Points count toward earning tier status?
Bonus Points do not count towards earning tier status (only Base Points count towards tier status qualification).
8. When are Milestone Bonus Points posted to my account?
Members will receive these Bonus Points once completing the eligible stay that achieves the Milestone Bonus. These Bonus Points will then be posted after check-out for that eligible stay.
Members who have reached more than 40 nights stayed before April 2nd, 2018, will see the new bonuses credited to their accounts in April as our systems are updated. Members will then earn any subsequent bonuses throughout the year as they hit more milestones above 40 nights.
Example: If you have 60 eligible nights between January 2018 and April 1st, 2018, you will receive 60,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. Calculated as 30,000 Bonus Points for the three 10,000 bonuses at 40, 50, and 60 nights as well as an additional 30,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points for hitting the 60 night milestone — all those new Milestone Bonus Points will post in April 2018 for the member activity in the first 3 months.
9. Do 2020 rollover nights count toward Milestone Bonus achievement?
No – only nights earned in 2021 count toward Milestone Bonus achievement.
10. Will these lowered Milestone Bonus qualifications be extended beyond 2021?
These program updates only apply to the 2021 calendar year.
11. What if my stay crosses over the calendar year — e.g. check-in is on December 28th, 2021 with a check-out on January 2nd, 2022?
Per existing rules, nights for stays that cut across years (December into January) will apply to the status year of the check-out date.
12. Are the reductions in Milestone Bonus qualifications global?
Yes, the announced Milestone Bonus changes reach across all regions and countries for the 2021 calendar year.
1. What are elite rollover nights?
Elite rollover nights provide a faster way to earn elite status. Starting at Silver, at the end of the calendar year, any qualifying nights in excess of those required to qualify for your elite status level will be counted toward your elite status qualification for the following calendar year (January 1st to December 31st).
2. Who is eligible to roll over nights?
All elite tiers (Silver, Gold, and Diamond Members) are eligible to roll over elite qualifying nights. Lifetime Diamond members will not rollover nights as elite status is secured for life.
3. Will nights earned in 2021 be able to be rolled over into 2022?
Yes – rollover nights will be calculated in accordance with the 50% reduction in tier qualifications. As with the current benefit, all nights earned above the Member’s tier will rollover into 2022 (for example, if a Member stays 10 nights in 2021, that Member will earn Silver status and have 5 nights rollover to 2022).
4. Is there a cap to the number of nights that can be rolled over into the next calendar year?
Yes, the maximum number of rollover nights that will show on your account is 60 nights, given the fact at that point you have rolled over enough nights to secure Diamond status for the following year. For example, in 2021, the maximum number of rollover nights is 60, which is enough to secure Diamond in 2022 (effective through March 2024). For 2020 rollover nights, while only needing 30 rollover nights to earn Diamond status in 2021 (effective through March 2023), your account will still show up to 60 nights of rollover (if you achieved 60 or more nights in 2020).
5. Can I only roll over nights?
Elite members are only able to roll over nights. For more information on how to earn elite status refer to the Membership Tiers page.
6. Do I need to sign up to begin earning elite rollover nights?
No sign up or action is required to earn elite rollover nights. As a Silver, Gold, or Diamond member, your elite rollover nights will automatically be applied toward maintaining or achieving elite status in the following calendar year.
7. What do I need to do to start accumulating elite rollover nights?
Stay at any of our 6,200+ hotels and resorts worldwide. We will automatically apply your elite rollover nights to your account at the start of the next calendar year to help you achieve and maintain elite status.
8. For how long are my elite rollover nights valid and when can I apply them toward status? What happened to my elite rollover nights from last year?
Elite rollover nights are only valid for the next calendar year and expire thereafter. Elite rollover nights cannot be reserved and applied to a second, third year or subsequent year.
Example: You start 2021 with 20 rollover nights, earning yourself Gold Status. In 2021, you stayed 8 nights. For 2022, you will have 3 rollover nights (8 nights - 5 nights needed for Silver). None of the 20 nights of rollover from 2020 count into 2022.
9. Which types of nights are eligible for roll over? What about nights achieved through a promotion?
All qualifying nights are eligible to roll over. Qualifying nights for paid and reward stays (including Points & Money Rewards™ stays) count as full qualifying nights for achieving status and are eligible to be rolled over to the following calendar year.
Any elite qualifying nights earned through a promotional offer (i.e. double night credit) are also eligible and will be counted in the calculation for elite rollover nights.
10. Do the elite rollover nights count towards achieving night milestone bonuses?
The elite rollover nights will only count toward a member achieving the next status tier.
To achieve the annual Milestone Bonuses the member will need to have stayed at least 20 nights within the calendar year and elite rollover nights will not count toward that total. For the 30,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points milestone at 60 nights, a member will need to have stayed at least 60 nights within that calendar year.
These elite rollover nights will also not count toward any other type of stay bonuses or status offers (e.g. promotional offers, elite status fast tracks, status match, etc.).
11. Do the elite rollover nights count toward achieving the gifting Gold or Diamond status benefit?
The elite rollover nights will only count toward a member achieving the next tier status. To achieve the gifting status benefit the member will need to have stayed at least 30 nights (for gifting Gold) or at least 60 nights (for gifting Diamond) within the calendar year and elite rollover nights will not count toward that total.
1. Will Diamond Members still be able to give the gift of status to a friend or family member in 2021?
Yes — gifting status will remain a Diamond benefit, but it now requires less nights! Once reaching 30 nights in 2021, a Member will be able to gift Gold status; upgrading that status to Diamond will be achieved once they stay 60 nights in the year.
2. Do 2020 rollover nights count toward gifting status achievement?
No — only nights earned in 2021 count toward gifting status achievement.
3. Will these lowered gifting status qualifications be extended beyond 2021?
These program updates only apply to the 2021 calendar year.
4. How many gifts of Gold or Diamond status can I earn and provide within one calendar year?
A member can only earn one gift of Gold or one gift of Diamond within one calendar year. If a member is gifting Diamond status, the gift must be given to the same member who received the gift of Gold status per calendar year.
If the member did not elect to gift Gold status after they hit 30 nights and before they reached 60 nights, then the member can simply gift Diamond status to any member of their choice once they achieve 60 nights.
Example: Once you reach 30 nights in 2021, then you can gift Gold status to one other member.
Example: Once you reach 60+ nights in 2021, the member that received the Gold status will automatically be upgraded to Diamond status. If no gift of Gold status was provided in 2021, then you can simply gift Diamond status to any member of your choice after hitting 60 nights.
5. For one stay, how many rooms will count toward achieving eligible nights to unlock the ability to gift elite status?
Earning nights toward gifting status will follow the same rules as earning nights toward elite tier status — i.e. a member will only receive credit for the nights stayed for one room, not multiple rooms booked for the same duration by the same Hilton Honors Member.
Example: If you book two rooms at the same hotel for a one night stay — you will earn Hilton Honors Points on both of the rooms, but you will only receive one night credit total toward achieving the ability to gift elite status.
6. Can I gift status to the same member every year?
Yes, if members qualify to gift status the following year then they can give it to the same member each year. Members will have to re-elect that specific member who is receiving the status each year, as the gift will not automatically carry over.
7. Can I gift status to myself?
No, customers can only have one Hilton Honors account, so you can only gift status to another Hilton Honors Member.
8. Does the member who received gifted Diamond status automatically get the ability to gift status to another member?
No, members with gifted Diamond status are not automatically eligible to gift status. The qualification to gift status is to reach 30 or 60 elite qualifying nights within the 2021 calendar year and only those who achieve that many nights are eligible.
9. How do I gift my status to another member and when can I begin gifting status?
Once members achieve the gifting status qualifications, they are immediately able to elect which member will receive the gifted status by visiting this page and completing the gifting status form.
If the status was successfully gifted, a confirmation email will be sent to the recipient and the gifting member within 5 business days. If a member has already gifted Gold status and achieves 60 nights, they should not complete an additional submission — the gifted status will automatically be upgraded to Diamond within 5 business days of hitting 60 nights. Gifting members and recipients will receive an email once the recipient has been upgraded to Diamond status.
10. What information is required to gift status?
To gift status, members need to enter the First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Hilton Honors Account Number for themselves and the receiving member. Members must receive consent from the recipient to provide their information to receive gifted elite status. The receiving member must be a Hilton Honors Member. Enrolling is quick and simple by visiting this page or calling 1-800-4HONORS.
11. Is there a specified time period to gift status?
After earning a gift of Gold or Diamond status, members will have until January 31st of the following calendar year to use that gift of elite status. Members will be able to use the gift of status as soon as they reach the required amount of qualified nights in a calendar year.
Example: If you reach 30 nights in July 2021, then you will have until January 31, 2022 to elect which Member receives Gold status.
12. Can I switch my choice if I want to change who receives the gifted status?
Once a status has been gifted to another member, no change can be made during the same year to remove or change that status. If a member completes the gifting status submission form multiple times, the first submission processed will determine who receives the gifted status - so each member will need to consider who to upgrade prior to submitting the form.
13. How long does a gifted status last for a Member who receives the gifted status?
The gifted status will last 365 days from the date the gift was applied to the recipient's account. If a member receives Gold status and then is upgraded to Diamond status, the 365-day expiration period resets to the date the Diamond status was applied to the member's account.
Example: If a member receives a gift of Gold status on June 1st, 2021, then the Gold status would expire on June 1st, 2022. If that same member was automatically upgraded to Diamond status on August 1st, 2021, then the Diamond status would expire on August 1st, 2022.
14. Can status be gifted to a current Gold or Diamond Member?
Status can be gifted to a current Gold or Diamond Member. If a member did not qualify to maintain their current Gold or Diamond status for the next calendar year, the gifted status will extend beyond the requalification period in April.
Example: If you are a current Gold member who achieved 25 nights in 2021 and you receive a gift of Gold status on August 1st, 2021, you would maintain Gold status until August 1st, 2022 instead of being downgraded to Silver status during the April requalification period.
15. What will happen once the gifted status period ends for the receiving Member?
After the gifted status expires, the recipient's status will change to the tier status that they would have earned based on the member activity from the previous calendar year.
Example: If you were gifted Gold status on August 1st, 2021, and completed 10 qualifying nights in 2021, enough to qualify for Silver status in 2022, the downgrade to Silver status will be shown in your account on August 2nd, 2022.
To see tier qualification terms, please refer to Member Benefits terms.
16. Are the reductions in gifting status qualifications global?
Yes, the announced gifting status changes reach across all regions and countries for the 2021 calendar year.
Starting in early July through the end of 2021, we’ll be offering Gold and Diamond members a Daily Food & Beverage Credit as part of the Hilton Honors MyWay benefits, in place of the current complimentary Continental Breakfast benefit.
As a Gold or Diamond member, you can use the credit towards eligible food and beverage purchases that are charged to your room—any time of day—at designated outlets throughout the property. Refreshing beverages? Check. Appetizer or desert with dinner? Check, check. Breakfast at the restaurant? Sure. Breakfast to go? No problem!
The credit will be provided for each night of your stay at hotel brands in the U.S. where you currently receive complimentary Continental Breakfast. Traveling with a friend or loved one? You and up to one additional guest registered to the same room will each receive the daily credit. The credit applies to the one guest room in which the Elite member is staying.
|U.S. Hotel Brands||Credit Value for
2 or more Guests
$15 per day in
$30 per day in
*Select markets include the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, New York City, San Francisco, Key Largo, Key West, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.
The Daily Food & Beverage Credit will be applied automatically to your bill for any eligible purchases charged to your room prior to checkout.
Gold members can choose to receive the Daily Food & Beverage Credit or Bonus Points as part of their Hilton Honors MyWay benefits. Diamond members will receive both the Daily Food & Beverage Credit and 1,000 Bonus Points at all brands listed above except for Hilton Garden Inn, where Diamond members can choose between the credit or 750 Bonus Points. Visit your MyWay profile to select your preferences before your next stay.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What hotels will offer the Hilton Honors Daily Food & Beverage (F&B) Credit?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit will be available to Gold and Diamond members at all of Hilton’s luxury, full-service and lifestyle properties as well as all Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the United States, replacing the existing MyWay complimentary Continental Breakfast benefit. The brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Signia by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Motto by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn.
2. When will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit begin?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit will be available to Gold and Diamond members at all of Hilton’s luxury, full-service and lifestyle properties as well as all Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the United States beginning in July 2021.
3. What members will receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit will be provided to all Gold and Diamond members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit in place of the existing complimentary Continental Breakfast offered through the MyWay benefit structure. The credit will be provided to the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room for each night of their stay. The credit is per person (up to two people) in one guest room per stay.
Members can check their Hilton Honors status and make changes to their MyWay benefits by logging in to their account online at HiltonHonors.com or Hilton Honors mobile app.
4. What will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit values be for each Brand Category?
Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive a $10 F&B Credit per night when staying at Hilton Garden Inn, a $12 F&B Credit per night at full-service and lifestyle properties, and a $25 F&B Credit per night at luxury properties. A $15 Daily F&B Credit will be provided at full-service and lifestyle properties located in the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, New York City, San Francisco, Key Largo, Key West, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.
For reference, please find the full list of participating brands below.
5. Does the Daily F&B Credit impact Hilton’s brands that offer all guests complimentary breakfast?
Guests staying at Hilton’s brands that offer complimentary breakfast to all guests will continue to receive this offering. The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit does not apply to the following brands: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton.
6. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work?
Prior to arrival, members will be notified by email of the new Daily F&B Credit and can login to their Hilton Honors account online or through the Hilton Honors app to select their preferred MyWay benefit for their next stay – the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit or Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
Upon hotel check-in, the members status will be confirmed, and they will be informed by the front desk staff and/or the Hilton Honors app (if they choose to use it) about the Daily F&B Credit including which on-property outlets are participating. Each day of their stay, the Hilton Honors member will charge their eligible F&B purchases to their room, and the credit will be automatically applied to their total bill for those F&B purchases charged to their room.
7. Will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit accrue across days?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit is provided to the member (and up to one additional guest registered to the same room) for each night of their stay and will not accrue to the following day.
8. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work for a 1-night stay? Would a member receive two credits (for check-in and check-out day) or one credit?
Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members receive one Daily F&B Credit for each night of their stay, consistent with the current complimentary Continental Breakfast benefit. For a one-night hotel stay, a Hilton Honors member would receive one Daily F&B Credit; the member may use the credit on the day of arrival or day of departure.
9. What F&B outlets can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit can be utilized at all participating F&B outlets on-property, including the market/grab-and-go and in-room dining/room service, where applicable, plus participating third-party outlets. The Daily F&B Credit cannot be utilized for any non-F&B related spend, such as the room rate, spa or gift shops.
10. Can members use the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on alcoholic beverages?
The Daily F&B Credit may be used to purchase alcoholic beverages, subject to state and local laws.
11. Will members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on day rate reservations, such as WorkSpaces by Hilton?
Like the current elite continental breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit will not apply to day-rate reservations.
12. Will members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on rates/packages that include F&B, such as the Breakfast Included rate?
Yes, members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit on Points eligible rates including specific food & beverage packages.
13. Will members booking with a group such as a meeting or conference receive the Daily F&B Credit?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit benefit is provided to members, based on their MyWay selection, on Points eligible rates and reward nights.
14. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit apply to taxes and gratuity?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit can be applied to taxes and gratuity.
15. How do members add/register a guest to the reservation?
When booking the reservation through preferred Hilton channels, such as online at Hilton.com or the Hilton Honors app, members should ensure they indicate the total number of people staying in the room to receive up to two Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit allowances.
16. Will the Hilton Honors member receive an additional Daily F&B Credit for double occupancy?
The Daily F&B Credit is intended to cover up to two guests, which includes the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room (on one room per stay).
17. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized across multiple outlets within a day?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit can be utilized across multiple outlets within one day. It will be automatically applied against all eligible F&B charges made within that timeframe, up to the total daily credit value.
18. If members do not have F&B charges, can they apply the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit to the total folio?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit was created to replace the current complimentary Continental Breakfast benefit to provide guests with more dining-related flexibility, so the F&B Credit can only be applied to eligible F&B charges billed to the member’s room.
19. Some members may utilize the hotel restaurants or bar areas for meetings, dinners, etc. without staying at the hotel. Does the Hilton Honors member have to be staying at the hotel to receive the F&B credit?
Hilton Honors members, even if utilizing hotel facilities such as a restaurant or bar area, must be a registered guest of the hotel to receive the Daily F&B Credit.
20. Will members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on redemption/reward stays?
Yes, Hilton Honors Gold & Diamond members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Daily F&B Credit on hotel reward stays, both reservations booked with all Points or Points & Money.
21. Will members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit at All-Inclusive properties?
Like the current elite Continental Breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit will not be offered at all-inclusive properties.
22. Does this benefit apply to guests checking-in in July onward, regardless of booking date? Or will guests who booked before the announcement continue to receive the continental breakfast benefit?
The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit benefit will apply to Gold and Diamond members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit with reservations that include nights on or after July 1st, regardless of when they booked.
23. If a member selects Points over the Daily F&B Credit on a reservation with a registered guest, do they receive double Points?
The Hilton Honors Bonus Points selection via MyWay Benefits is a one-time bonus per stay, regardless of the number of guests.
24. Can a guest make a change to their MyWay benefit mid-stay to receive the Daily F&B Credit?
No, Hilton Honors members should make their MyWay benefit selections prior to check-in/arrival in order to receive the Daily F&B Credit.